News from the Blues: Growing Our Medicare Business
Only 15% of our members “stay Blue” when they age into Medicare at 65, leaving a lot of room for growth.
As a result, a new Texas pilot campaign – Stay with BlueSM – will launch in May to change that outcome. By targeting a set of qualified Retail and Commercial members when they turn 63, we plan to start the conversation to keep them Blue two years before they’re eligible for Medicare.
How? Using email and direct mail, we’ll encourage members to go to our new educational site staywithbluetx.com and take a quiz. Results will provide a personalized timeline that will guide and educate them up to the time they enroll in Medicare.
Also, on this site, members can:
- Sign up to receive email reminders to stay on track up until the time of enrollment
- Learn about Medicare and how it works
- Explore Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) Medicare plan options
- Know important dates and information specific to their Medicare journey
- Connect with a BCBSTX producer for any questions
No guesswork: “Many of our current members are not aware that they have Medicare plan options and can stay Blue. We are working to create new and engaging online member experiences and help guide our members no matter where they are at in their own personal journey,” says Jean Anderson, director of Medicare Marketing Solutions. “We want them to know we are here to help.”
- Visit our Stay with Blue site to learn about the pilot. Then share the site with your Medicare-eligible clients to educate them. You can follow up with them at a later date.
- Review the Stay with Blue program flier .
- Watch for producer tools that we’re developing to facilitate member participation in this Medicare initiative.